- Kiona-Benton City School District
- Series 2000 - Instruction
2104P - Procedure: Federal and/or State Funded Special Instructional Programs
Section: 2000 - Instruction
Procedure Federal and/or State Funded Special Instructional Programs
Applications for special funds or categorical grants will be based upon the needs of the students, staff, or facilities within the district. Such applications may be related to the program needs of a particular building or the district as a whole. Each proposal for special funding must address the following points:
- Needs: The proposal should succinctly identify and/or document the specific needs that are to be addressed. Hard data should be supplied.
- Objectives: The stated needs should be converted into objectives. What does the project hope to accomplish?
- Procedures: The action plan should be presented. How will the objectives be accomplished?
- Evaluation: What kind of data will be collected? Who will collect it?
The proposal should also include a tentative budget which identifies proposed expenditures and revenues. A timeline should also be included which shows the submission date deadline, funding agency approval date, and the project status report dates. The proposal writer must identify any obligations that the district will incur as a result of securing a grant award.
The principal must approve the proposal before submission to the district office. Proposals must be submitted to the superintendent at least two weeks prior to submission to the board.
When a project is approved, the business office will be given a copy of the grant award notice and will establish the appropriate accounting procedures for operating the special program.
Adoption Date:Kiona-Benton City School District