- Kiona-Benton City School District
- Series 2000 - Instruction
2090P - Procedure: Program Evaluation
Section: 2000 - Instruction
Procedure Program Evaluation
A district program evaluation committee that represents the staff will meet at least once per year to review the district assessment program. The committee will submit its recommendation to the superintendent for the following year's assessment program by May 15. The recommendation will include a schedule for all assessment activities to be conducted during the year. In its review, the committee will consider such factors as:
- Validity. Do the proposed assessment materials measure the
district's objectives? Are the items compatible with the district scope
- Administration. Are directions clear for the teacher and for the
students? Is the format attractive?
- Interpretation of Results. Are results reported in a form that is meaningful to the teacher, the student, the district, and parents?
The proposed schedule will be approved by principals and by the superintendent. The schedule will be distributed to individual schools by August 15. The district office will be responsible for ordering tests, distributing materials and scoring sheets, and distributing administration instructions. After tests have been scored, the district office will be responsible for:
- Preparing reports on test results for board,
instructional staff, parents/guardians and the general public.
- Interpreting scores for staff and interested
- Disseminating individual scores to staff
responsible for counseling, screening and special placement of
- Preparing reports to evaluate curriculum and assist staff in implementing changes and improvements in curriculum.