- Kiona-Benton City School District
- Series 2000 - Instruction
2004 - Accountability Goals
Section: 2000 - Instruction
- High School
Graduation Rate Goals
The board will annually adopt district-wide graduation goals and direct each high school to annually establish goals, subject to board approval, to increase the percentage of on-time graduates receiving a high school diploma beginning with the class of 2004.
The minimum graduation rate goals through 2013 will be as defined in WAC 180-105-060. Graduation rate goals in 2014 and each year thereafter for each group of students, identified in federal requirements, will not be less than 85 percent.
- District and
School Reading and Mathematics Improvement Goals
The board will adopt district-wide performance improvement goals for reading and mathematics and direct each school in the district that administers the statewide assessment to adopt performance improvement goals to increase the percentage of students meeting the standard in reading and mathematics.
The following goals and calculation methodologies will be established to measure and improve student achievement in reading and mathematics within the grade level bands as measured by the statewide assessment will be administered as required by state and federal law.
- The baseline of achievement for the district and
schools within the grade level bands on the reading and mathematics
assessments for each grade are the starting points established using the
federal requirements in the Washington State No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- The goal for the district and for each school is to increase the percentage of students in the following categories that meet or exceed the reading and mathematics improvement goals on the state uniform bar, as established using the federal requirements in the Washington State No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Accountability Plan:
- All students;
- Students of each major racial and ethnic group;
- Economically disadvantaged students;
- Students served in Special Education; and
- Students served in the state’s Transitional
Bilingual Instructional Program.
- The district and all schools will demonstrate satisfactory progress toward the performance improvement goals by meeting the federal requirements or by showing improvements using the alternative “Safe Harbor” calculation.
Once a year the board will issue a report to parents and present it in a public meeting. The report will include the following:
- The district’s improvement goals;
- Student performance relative to the goals; and
- District and building plans to achieve the goals, including curriculum and instruction, parent and guardian involvement, and resources available to parents and guardians to assist students in meeting the state standards.
Annually, the district will report the district’s progress toward meeting the district and building goals in a news release to local media. The report will also be included in each school’s annual school report.
4000 – Public Information Program
RCW 28A.655.100 Performance goals – Reporting requirements
WAC 180-105-020 Reading and mathematics
WAC 180-105-060 High school graduation
2010 – June Issue
Policy News, December 2005 Requirements Revised
Policy News, October 2003 A+ Commission’s Revised Performance Improvement Goals
Policy News, June 1999 Accountability Bill Includes Policy Implication
Policy News, August 1998 CORRECTION: Reading goals policy
Policy News, June 1998 Boards must set reading goals
Adoption Date: 12.20.99
Kiona-Benton City School District
Revised Dates: 04.26.16