HOW TO FIND CLASSES AT CBC:
1) 1. Go to http://www.columbiabasin.edu/
2) 2. Use the mouse to drop down from PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS to GENERAL INFORMATION; then click on Class Schedule
3) 3. Under QUARTER, choose “Fall 2016,” “Winter 2017,” “Spring 2017,” etc.
4) 4. Under CAMPUS LOCATION/ONLINE COURSES, choose “Pasco.” Leave Department, AA Discipline, Item Number, Course ID, and Instructor boxes BLANK.
5) 5. Under TIME, choose 8 am, 9:10 am, 10:20 am or 11:30 am; under OPEN/CLOSED choose “Open”
6) 6. Click on the SEARCH box
· An alphabetical cross-section of the various courses that are offered at that hour will appear. (Online courses are also acceptable for Running Start but are extremely vigorous because there is no live “teacher” instructing the class).
· To modify your search farther, when you set the quarter, the location and the time, you can use the AA DISCIPLINE box and choose Humanities, Communications, etc. That way, ONLY classes in that Discipline, at the Time you choose, will show up. This is one way to make sure you are registering for a thorough cross-section of each required Discipline as you work toward earning an A.A.
· Pay close attention to WHICH classes in each Discipline are equivalent to our high school courses. For example, not all classes in CBC’s Communications Discipline count as Junior or Senior English; only English Composition I counts for Ki-Be’s Junior English; and only Intro to Lit, English Lit or American Lit count for Ki-Be’s Senior English. Another example: CBC’s Social/Behavioral Science Discipline contains several classes that are equivalent to Ki-Be classes. Hint: CBC’s US History II and US History III classes (both are needed) are equivalent to Ki-Be’s US History class. CBC’s American Government and International Relations classes (both are needed) are equivalent to Ki-Be’s CWP/Govt class.
· As you find classes that you are interested in, click on the box to the left of the course number. This will place the class in your “shopping cart.” When all of your time slots are full, you can print out or write down the item #, time, course number, and title of each class you wish to register for. THESE MUST BE WRITTEN DOWN ON YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION FORM THAT YOU GIVE TO THE COUNSELOR TO SIGN EACH QUARTER. (You should have already turned in your original BLUE ENROLLMENT FORM to CBC, and you should have a CBC “ID” number and e-mail account).
· As soon as you go through the introductory online course “S.O.A.R.” and/or turn in your signed pre-registration form containing your class choices to CBC, you will be given a date when you can register online. If you are a returning student, you should register at the end of May for fall quarter, end of October for winter quarter, and end of January for spring quarter. Questions? See Ms. Minkler at the high school, or call Janice Bocek at CBC, 542-4481.
EXAMPLE OF A FALL QUARTER JUNIOR R.S./Ki-Be SCHEDULE:
8:00 am *English Comp I at CBC (worth one Ki-Be Jr. English credit)
9:10 am *Music Appreciation at CBC (worth one Ki-Be Fine Art credit) or
*Art Appreciation at CBC (worth one Ki-Be Fine Art credit)
10:20 am *CBC Fitness Center (worth .2 Ki-Be P.E. credit)
LUNCH BREAK – travel back to Ki-Be
12:30 pm US History here at Ki-Be (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
1:30 pm Science, Spanish I, or a Math class here at Ki-Be
*You must choose different CBC classes each quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring), as they only last one quarter. Your Ki-Be classes would mostly remain the same all year. IF YOU ARE SEEKING FOREIGN LANGUAGE CREDIT, you must take two years of a foreign language here at our high school OR, take two or three quarters of a language at CBC.
EXAMPLE OF A FALL QUARTER SENIOR R.S./Ki-Be SCHEDULE:
8:00 am *Intro to Literature at CBC (worth one Ki-Be Sr. English credit)
9:10 am **Biology with Lab at CBC (worth one Ki-Be science credit), or
*General Psychology at CBC (worth one Ki-Be elective credit)
10:20 am *Economics 101 at CBC (worth one Ki-Be vocational credit), or
*Intro to Sociology at CBC (worth one Ki-Be social studies credit)
LUNCH BREAK – travel back to Ki-Be
12:30 pm CWP/Govt here at Ki-Be (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
1:30 pm Math, Science, or Spanish II here at Ki-Be
(Hopefully you are already finished with Algebra II or Pre-Calculus; if not, consider taking this at Ki-Be)
*You must choose different CBC classes each quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring), as they only last one quarter. Your Ki-Be classes would mostly remain the same all year. REMEMBER, as a Senior, none of your Running Start Spring Quarter classes will count towards high school graduation!!
**You must pass the CBC Compass Math Test to take CBC Math and most CBC Science classes. After November 2016, you must pass your SBAC Math test at an acceptable level to qualify for CBC Math & Science.