Middle School Tutor at Kiona Benton Middle School (grades 7 and 8)
Job Description/Essential Functions:
This position will involve working as a subject-specific tutor in math, science and language arts under direct supervision of the WSU GEAR UP Site Manager and in collaboration with classroom teachers. Tutors will provide individual tutoring as assigned. Tutoring may occur during class periods, lunch time, and after-school hours. Tutoring schedules will vary with the school calendar. This position may also include participating in field trips to post secondary institutions and to educational and cultural events.
- Available for part-time employment as scheduled on school days between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Ability to be flexible with a varied schedule.
- Proficient in 7th and 8th grade math, science and/or language arts concepts.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to be flexible, diplomatic and cooperative; follow the teacher's directions; model appropriate behavior; demonstrate patience, enthusiasm and a positive attitude toward working with students; maintain composure; value the confidential nature of sensitive student information.
- High school students at least 16 years old may apply to work during free periods and after school.
Part-time, $13-$15/ per hour DOQ
Employer: Washington State University
WSU is an EO/AA educator and employer.
Verification of identity, United States work authorization, and Washington State Patrol/Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint process must be completed before employment commences (pursuant to RCW 28A.400).
For more information contact Bea Roland at (509) 588-2064 or BRoland@kibesd.org
Email a recent resume and letter of interest to BRoland@kibesd.org